Coastal CrossFit is owned and operated by husband and wife team, Chris and Marie Saliba. We first discovered CrossFit back in 2007 when we were both in the Airforce and officially affiliated as a CrossFit gym in 2009 when it was virtually an unknown in Australia. Since then we have watched CrossFit grow to a household name with now over 500 CrossFit gyms in Australia. Our gym is a welcoming environment full of people of all ages and ability levels and in many cases we have husbands, wives and their children who all train at our gym.
Our facility is 260m of purpose built strength & conditioning located in Warana on the Sunshine Coast. Our goal from the start was to create an environment that we would love to train in – we figured if we could create our ideal training environment, then there must be other people out there who are looking for the same thing. You will notice that our gym has an atmosphere more like that or a sporting club than a franchise gym – our staff and members are welcoming and encouraging and you will soon feel at home.
Why train at Coastal CrossFit? If you’re new to CrossFit you may not know where to start with regard to picking the right gym. Here are some of the things we would look for if we were to join a CrossFit gym.
- Is the programming suitable for your goals?
- Do the trainers provide multiple scaling options to accommodate varying abilities?
- Is the environment and equipment safe, clean and organised?
- What is their behind the scenes like, admin, follow up, attendance tracking, goal setting etc.
- Is there enough space and equipment to accommodate their typical class sizes.
- What is the experience level of the trainers?
- Do the trainers have any experience outside of CrossFit?
- Is the website updated frequently with legibly with valuable content.
- Are the classes organised and on time?
We have all of the toys necessary to train athletes to a very high level including:
- Two separate Pull-up Rigs with enough space for 34 people to do pull-ups simultaneously.
- Four Ring Towers for Muscle-ups, dips etc.
- Quality barbells.
- Separate male and female toilets with change and shower facilities.
- Tons of bumper plates.
- Dumbbells from 1-40kg
- Kettlebells from 4-32kg
- Sleds (Prowlers).
- 4 x Concept 2 Rowers.
- Medicine Balls/Slam Balls.
- Recovery equipment (rollers, lacrosse balls, bands etc).
- Plyo Boxes.
- Skipping Ropes.
- Climbing Ropes.
- Squat Racks.